Are you skilful with your hands (or a team of handy persons) having construction/building experience?
Would you like to be involved as part of the building team to create an unforgettable ambience?
If yes, then we have great news for you. Asia Oasis invites you to join our team of builders/handymen for the Asia Street Food Festival in December 2023.
Various opportunities are available during the Pinky Flat set-up and pack-down in December 2023. And, of course, if you’re a good fit and enjoy the work and the remuneration, this opportunity would also be extended into other events in Adelaide and Melbourne beyond December 2023.
Who we are looking for
Experienced supervisors, team leaders and handy persons with own insurance.
$25 – $45 p/hr
Negotiable depending on roles, skills and experience.
Pinky Flat, North Adelaide
Tuesday and Wednesday, 12 to 13 December 2023, 8am-7pm for setting up; and
Monday and Tuesday, 18 to 19 December 2023, 8am to 7pm for packing down.
You may be needed on additional days during these times.
- Two (2) supervisors to oversee teams, each comprising four members. Experience installing/constructing various structures, ideally similar to Balinese Huts, but not essential; must have supervisory experience with effective communication skills; removalist skills are ideal and preferable.
- Four (4) team leaders: each to lead a team comprising three other members. The team leader must be agile, have good communication skills, and have experience installing/constructing various structures; removalist and handyman skills are preferable. A forklift licence is a bonus.
- Twelve to fourteen (12 – 14) handymen: possessing handyman skills, although not essential, ideally in setting up and packing down structures like Balinese Huts or various furniture.
- Unload Balinese huts and bamboo structures from 40ft containers onsite and help transport them (with a forklift onsite) to the designated areas ready for assembly, and dissemble and assist in rearranging them into 40ft containers after packing down.
- Set up Balinese Huts before the event and pack them down right after the event in a timely manner.
- Set up and pack other furniture, including bamboo blinds, pendant lights, signage, tables and chairs, and other required things.
- Assist in various hands-on activities during set up and pack down.
- Proven handyman experience, ideally in construction/furniture settings.
- Previous experience with working in a team environment.
- Ability to work without much supervision in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to be quick, hands-on and resourceful while having a sound knowledge of manual handling.
- Knowledge of and experience in constructing Balinese huts would be a bonus.
- Having a good understanding of WHS practices and public safety is essential.
To apply as a team or as an individual role above
Please complete the survey below:
If you already have a CV prepared, please send it to our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org:
Application closing date
Sunday, 27 August 2023